If you are having an error message when trying to open a photoshop file in Gimp , you have found the answer.
Gimp 2.8 is having an issue opening photoshop files. With this solution you should be able to open photoshop files and edit them in Gimp , the free photoshop software solution. I have Gimp 2.8 and Ghostscript version 9.14 and these steps worked perfect , operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.
1. You must download and install Ghostscript 9.14 (no email address or other bs needed, Ghostscript is a GNU software that is totally free and been under development for over 20 years). You can download it here
2. If you don’t have the latest, best free photoshop alternative Gimp 2.8 You can download it here
3. Go to your Program files and find Computer/Program Files/gs/gs9.14
Open the bin folder (example: C:\Program Files\gs\gs9.14\bin)
Right Click the file gsdll64 and copy
4. Open the Gimp folder ( example: C:\Program Files\Gimp2\)
Right Click the bin folder and Paste
5. Now open the Gimp bin folder
6. Scroll down and rename the file libgs-8 to libgs-8.old
7. Scroll back up and rename gsdll64 to libgs-8
Edit your photos in free photoshop like open source image editor
[wordbay]photo editing software[/wordbay]